Skip the fight. See who's right.

Are you tired of having the same arguments over and over? Sure that if others could hear the whole story they'd take your side? Welcome to CouplesCourt.com.

The concept is simple: You make your case, others weigh in, and majority rules.

Want to get in on the action? Leave a comment!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Division of labor

This isn't exactly a fight, but I hope the members of Couples Court will weigh in. We have been married for four months and desperately need to come up with a division of chores that is fair. So far I, the wife, do everything unless I ask for help with a particular chore. My husband will help me when I ask but he acts like he's doing me a favor and it's a one-time only deal. Am I going to have to ask him to take out the trash twice a week for the next 50 years? What works for other people?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not married but my boyfriend will even tell you that unless you tell them word for word what you expect from them, they are "clueless." I'm not so sure I believe this yet; it seems like the easy way out. Some things just seem like they'd be obvious; I feel your frustration!

Anonymous said...

Are there any chores he particularly cares about doing? For my husband and I, that's what works best. I am very peculiar about laundry, cooking/cleaning the kitchen, and he is very peculiar about cleaning the bathroom and dusting/vacuuming. The other chores (mopping, trash, odds and ends) pretty much get done by one of us owning up and doing it. This way, even if one week I end up doing ALL the odd chores and my own, I still don't feel very bad, because hey, he's cleaning the stinky bathroom and dusting the entire house. Anyway, that just works for us. Hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

Good words.